We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Account Executive to join the team!
Are you an experienced and energetic commercial account executive that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of an independent commercial insurance broker?
The role will be managing some existing clients whilst primarily targeting growth of Barnes Commercial through the winning of new clients and identifying opportunities to cross-sell.
The Commercial Account Executive is required to have a strong understanding of the clients’ business and risk management needs and provide solutions that deliver on those. You will have an innovative approach to developing and maintain a pipeline of prospects including the research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to secure new business.
We are a proudly independent commercial insurance brokers with a driven and passionate team who thrive on delivering the highest levels of customer support and service.
Main purpose of the role
- To work as part of the commercial team in delivering against the department new business targets
- To seek out new opportunities and cement new client relationships with a view to writing new business and further referrals
- To provide knowledge and expert advice to new and existing clients in line with our product range
- To assist with development and growth of a new book of commercial business
- To provide and maintain the highest levels of customer support and service
- Be able to carry out the role in a professional manner to portray the company brand
Essential skills and experience
- Flexible and professional approach
- An ability to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Strength of character and a determination to succeed, in the face of adversity
- A comprehensive knowledge of the UK general insurance industry having previously worked in a busy growth orientated commercial insurance brokers
- Proven track record of working within a sales environment and meeting income targets within an account executive sales environment in an insurance broker.
- A history of generating new business and exceeding income targets.
- Experience of managing and growing a portfolio is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial insurance products.
- Have an innovative approach to developing and maintain a pipeline of prospects including the research, initiation of contact and new business presentations in order to secure new business
- Detailed knowledge of commercial insurance products, renewal practices, administration and insurer markets
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of using CRM systems and keeping accurate detailed records.
- Strong experience in using Acturis for sales administration and renewals.
- Well-developed and effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid relationship building skills.
- A demonstrable network in the commercial insurance broking market. For example, applicant should be aware of key markets, trends and people of influence
- Previous experience of working with a small team
- Solid relationship building skills
- Insurance qualifications required minimum, Cert CII
Learn more about us and our team here: https://www.barnesinsurancebroker.co.uk/team/
Please read the full job description before applying.
For those applying on job boards, please note this is available on our sister website where you can apply direct http://careers.lifesure.co.uk/lifesure/search/index
A full DBS clearance and valid ID check (address records and CCJ/bankruptcy checks) will be conducted at offer stage.